Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Wing is Covered!

So after waiting a week for another roll of covering, I was able to finish the top of the wing last night and add the accents and pin striping this morning. I'm really happy on how it turned out. I'm happy to have learned that automotive pin striping shrinks very easily to smooth out bubbles in curves.

My first step was to cover the bottom of the wing. I first covered the rear 3/4 with the antique white with the edge covering the spar. I then covered the front 1/4 with the blue and had the 1/4 or so overlap over the spar. I then cut out the accents in Aerotrim sheets and stuck them on. Finally, I added the black pin striping.

No comments:

Post a Comment